Suvankar Roy wrote:
Hi all,

Has anybody worked on Greenplum MapReduce programming ?

I am facing a problem while trying to execute the below Greenplum Mapreduce program written in YAML (in blue).

The other poster suggested contacting Greenplum and I can only agree.

The error is thrown in the 7th line as:
Error: YAML syntax error - found character that cannot start any token while scanning for the next token, at line 7 (in red)

There is no red, particularly if viewing messages as plain text (which most people do on mailing lists). Consider indicating a line some other way next time (commonly below the line you put something like "this is line 7 ^^^^^")

The most common problem I get with YAML files though is when a tab is accidentally inserted instead of spaces at the start of a line.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd