On 17/06/2010 22:41, Greg Smith wrote:
Tom Wilcox wrote:
Any suggestions for good monitoring software for linux?

By monitoring, do you mean for alerting purposes or for graphing purposes? Nagios is the only reasonable choice for the former, while doing at best a mediocre job at the latter. For the later, I've found that Munin does a good job of monitoring Linux and PostgreSQL in its out of the box configuration, in terms of providing useful activity graphs. And you can get it to play nice with Nagios.

Thanks Greg. Ill check Munin and Nagios out. It is very much for graphing purposes. I would like to be able to perform objective, platform-independent style performance comparisons.

Cheers,
Tom