On 04/27/2011 11:33 PM, HSIEN-WEN CHU wrote:
When database files are on a VxFS filesystem, performance can be
significantly improved by setting the VX_CONCURRENT cache advisory on
the file according to vxfs document,

That won't improve performance, and it's not safe either. VX_CONCURRENT switches the filesystem to use direct I/O. That's usually slower for PostgreSQL. And it introduces some requirements for both block alignment and the application avoiding overlapping writes. PostgreSQL doesn't do either, so I wouldn't expect it to be compatible with VX_CONCURRENT.

--
Greg Smith   2ndQuadrant US    g...@2ndquadrant.com   Baltimore, MD