But, the information vanishes if the application logs off.

I am looking for an alternative to track the total amount of the connections
with the host IPs through a Cron job.

What could be the frequency of cron ?

I know the best is using log_connections and log_disconnections parameters,
but, information logged would be too high and is also IO intensive.

Thanks
Venkat