On 2011-11-02 15:06, Kevin Grittner wrote:
Yeb Havinga<yebhavi...@gmail.com>  wrote:

I'm now contemplating not using the 710 at all. Why should I not
buy two 6Gbps SSDs without supercap (e.g. Intel 510 and OCZ Vertex
3 Max IOPS) with a IO controller+BBU?

Wouldn't the data be subject to loss between the time the IO
controller writes to the SSD and the time it makes it from buffers
to flash RAM?

Good question. My guess would be no, if the raid controller does 'write-throughs' on the attached disks, and the SSD's don't lie about when they've written to RAM.

I'll put this on my to test list for the new setup.

-- Yeb