On 04.11.2011 10:43, Albe Laurenz wrote:
Marti Raudsepp wrote:
Disabling OpenSSL compression in the source (which
is possible since OpenSSL 1.0.0) does not give me any performance
improvement.

If it doesn't give you any performance improvement then you haven't
disabled compression. Modern CPUs can easily saturate 1 GbitE with
AES256-encrypted connections. Compression is usually the bottleneck,
at 20-30 MB/s.

Hmm, my knowledge of OpenSSL is so little that it is well possible that
I did it wrong. I have attached the small patch I used; can you see
where I went wrong?

That only works with OpenSSL 1.0.0 - did you upgrade? I thought you were using 0.9.7a earlier.

FWIW, it would be better to test "#ifdef SSL_OP_NO_COMPRESSION" directly, rather than the version number.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas