Den 10/06/2013 kl. 17.51 skrev bricklen <brick...@gmail.com>:

> On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Niels Kristian Schjødt
> <nielskrist...@autouncle.com> wrote:
> I can't seem to figure out which steps I need to do, to get the standby
> server wiped and get it started as a streaming replication again from
> scratch. I tried to follow the steps, from step 6, in here
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Streaming_Replication but the process seems
> to fail when I reach the point where I try to do a psql -c "SELECT
> pg_stop_backup()". It just says:
>

> If you use pg_basebackup you don't need to manually put the master into
> backup mode.
> Be aware that if you are generating a lot of WAL segments and your filesystem
> backup is large (and takes a while to ship to the slave), you will need to
> set "wal_keep_segments" quite high on the master to prevent the segments from
> disappearing during the setup of the slave -- or at least that's the case
> when you use "--xlog-method=stream".

Okay thanks,
I did the base backup, and I ran the rsync command and it succeeded. However
then I try to do pg_stop_backup() it just "hangs" and I have a feeling, that
it's rather because of some information mismatch than actual loading time,
since nothing is transferred to the slave and I keep on seeing that "postgres
30930  0.0  0.0  98412  1632 ?        Ss   15:59   0:02 postgres: archiver
process   failed on 0000000200000E1B000000A9" in the process overview, and I
know that exactly that file was the one it has been trying to sync ever since
the connection dropped. I saw something in here
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/safe-to-clear-pg-xlog-archive-status-directory-td5738029.html,
 about wiping the pg_xlog/archive_status directly in order to "reset" the sync
between the servers before running the pg_backup_start(), but I'm unsure if
it's right, and when I would do it…