> On Mar 15, 2015, at 12:13 PM, Josh Krupka <jkru...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It sounds like you've hit the postgres basics, what about some of the linux
> check list items?
>
> what does free -m show on your db server?

Mem:         48295      31673      16622          0          5      12670
-/+ buffers/cache:      18997      29298
Swap:        22852       2382      20470

> If the load problem really is being caused by swapping when things really
> shouldn't be swapping, it could be a matter of adjusting your swappiness -
> what does cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness show on your server?

0

We adjusted that too, but no effect.

(I’ve updated the blog post with these two comments)

> There are other linux memory management things that can cause postgres and
> the server running it to throw fits like THP and zone reclaim.  I don't have
> enough info about your system to say they are the cause either, but check out
> the many postings here and other places on the detrimental effect that those
> settings *can* have.  That would at least give you another angle to
> investigate.

If there are specific things you’d like to know, I’ve be happy to be a human
proxy. :)

Thanks!

--

--ruaok