I have just joined the list a few days ago and am trying quite hard
to come up to speed with pgsql but i find documentaion frustratiing.
I think maybe it;s just a matter of finding things that are of the
correct
scope.  I've been an Oracle developer for over 6 years so often I
know what it is I want to do but something is just a little different.
If there are others on the list that learned in Oracle then pgsql
please tell me what  you think are the best resources.

Recently I did a google search on the key words "postgresql cursor loop"

the example below is all  I could come up with but it doesn't seem
to work is this for an older version or am I just overlooking
something simple?

thanks

Ken

             DECLARE emp_cursor CURSOR FOR
             SELECT Salary, Title, Start, Stop
             FROM Employee;
             OPEN emp_cursor;
             loop:
             FETCH emp_cursor INTO :salary, :start, :stop;
             if no-data returned then goto finished;
             find position in linked list to insert this information;
             goto loop;
             finished:
             CLOSE emp_cursor;