Hi,

I'm using serial fields to generate IDs for almost all object in my
database.  I insert an empty row, get the CURRVAL() of the sequence
and then update to that value.

I had understood (and now, I can't find the reference to back this up)
that serial is implemented in such a way that race conditions between
DB connections can't happen.

Is this true?

Thanks,
Jamu.

--
Jamu Kakar (Developer)                  Expressus Design Studio, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                    708-1641 Lonsdale Avenue