Frederick,

> I am really sorry to bother you again and I promise
> to buy a book after this problem is solved and
> stop asking these "beginners'" questions.

Nah, this one wasn't a beginners question.  Intermediate, maybe.

> But the last example-Query you sent me does not
> work, it produces:
>
> ERROR: parser: parse error at or near "("

Hmmm... I can't see anything wrong with the query.  Unfortunately, I
have not set up this test database myself, so I can't actually run it.

Maybe someone else can spot the syntax error?  I've looked it over again
and there's nothing missing.  Is it possible, Frederick, that the comma
after "matches" or "people_attributes" got cut off?

-Josh

                                       Josh Berkus
  Complete information technology      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster