jack wrote:
> Hi,
> Regarding temp tables in the same connection session. If there is SQL
> procedure creating temp tables, process temp tables and drop all the temp
> tables finally. This SQL procedure can't run twice in the same session.
> Because all the temp tables are referred to the first physical temp tables.
> I posted this question couple months ago and the final reply is that in the
> future version, all the sql procedures, which use temp tables, will be
> forced to re-compile though it's been used in the session.
>
> Now, my question is, if it has been done, do I still need to drop all the
> temp tables before I re-run the same SQL procedure in the same session?

Actually, we recomment using EXECUTE for any temp table access from
pl/pgsql stored procedures.  We even have an FAQ item now:

    <H4><A name="4.26">4.26</A>) Why can't I reliably create/drop
    temporary tables in PL/PgSQL functions?</H4>
    PL/PgSQL caches function contents, and an unfortunate side effect
    is that if a PL/PgSQL function accesses a temporary table, and that
    table is later dropped and recreated, and the function called
    again, the function will fail because the cached function contents
    still point to the old temporary table. The solution is to use
    <SMALL>EXECUTE</SMALL> for temporary table access in PL/PgSQL. This
    will cause the query to be reparsed every time.