Yes, if you do

insert into cities values (1, 'Lajeado');
insert into centers values (1, 'Lajeado', 'AZ');

Then select * from cities will give you

1     Lajedo
1     Lajedo

And select * from centers will give

1     Lajedo     AZ

However, if rather than duplicating the insert and just doing

insert into centers values (1, 'Lajeado', 'AZ');

Then select * from cities will give you

1     Lajedo

And select * from centers will give

1     Lajedo     AZ

Is this what you want?

adam

> In this case, when i do
> select * from cities;
> i'll have two tuples with the name 'Lajeado'.
>
> Does it the only way i have ?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Nasair Júnior da Silva
> Lajeado - RS - Brasil.
>
> Em Tue, 07 Jan 2003 12:02:13 +0000, Adam Witney <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> escreveu:
>> On 7/1/03 11:42 am, "Nasair Junior da Silva" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi people,
>>> supposing i have the tables :
>>>
>>> create table cities (id int, name varchar, primary key(id) );
>>> create table centers (state varchar(2)) inherits (cities);
>>>
>>> ant the tuple
>>> insert into cities values (1, 'Lajeado');
>>>
>>> How i do if i want to make this city as a center ?
>>
>> If I understand you correctly you probably want to do this instead...
>>
>> insert into centers values (1, 'Lajeado', 'AZ');
>>
>> Where AZ is your state
>>
>> HTH
>>
>> adam

> ||  °v°   Nasair Junior da Silva ||
> || /(_)\  Linux User: 246054     ||
> ||  ^ ^   [EMAIL PROTECTED]    ||
> ||CPD - Desenvolvimento          ||
> ||Univates - Centro Universitário||

>   (send "unregister YourEmailAddressHere" to [EMAIL PROTECTED])

believed to be clean.