I have a function that I want to return setof a table in plpgsql.

Here is what I have:

CREATE FUNCTION lookup_account(varchar(32)) RETURNS SETOF accounts AS '
DECLARE
  aname ALIAS FOR $1;
  rec RECORD;
BEGIN
  select into rec * from accounts where accountname = aname;
  return rec;
END;'
LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';

This seems to hang when I attempt to select it using:

select accountid(
lookup_account('some account')),
accountname(lookup_account('some account')),
type(lookup_account('some account')),
balance(lookup_account('some account'));

Does anyone see a problem w/ my approach??