Stephan Szabo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> interval <stuff> is the form for an interval literal.  If the column is
> already an interval, you probably don't need it at all.  If you need to
> cast it you should do a cast CAST (num_min AS INTERVAL)

I don't believe there is a cast from any numeric type to interval.

I'd recommend the interval-times-float operator.  It should work to
write

        num_min * interval '1 min'

This approach has the advantage that it trivially adapts to whatever
unit you happen to have the column stated in (seconds, minutes, days, ...)

                        regards, tom lane