> > Perhaps you are confusing it with the MySQL query cache?

> Is there plan on developing one (query cache)?

For the most part, prepared queries and cursors give you a greater
advantage due to their versatility -- both of which we do have.

In the cases where an actual cache is useful, the client application
could do it just as easily or temp tables can be used.

I suspect it would be implemented more as a caching proxy than as an
actual part of PostgreSQL, should someone really want this feature.