On  2/01, Michael Glaesemann wrote:

| I'm not quite sure what you want the query to return, but you've got a
| problem with your parentheses.

I can't believe this :) I got hit by the "inner query needs to be aliased"
message and added it to the wrong place and them munged the query a lot.

The correct one was of course:
# select texten, total from (select protocolid, count(*) as total from ips
  where catid=1 group by protocolid order by protocolid) as c
  inner join protocols using (protocolid);

(PostgreSQL is used for the will-spam-for-food black-list, see
 http://www.rfc1149.net/wsff)

   Sam