Martin Marques <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I have a table with names of people, email address, etc, and an identifier
> that tells me which group they are in (could be a 1, 2, or 3 person group).
> Is it posible to make a query that would give me the name of the persons of
> each group in one row? Or do I have to do PL?

Use GROUP BY with an aggregator that concatenate the names. The
aggregator may be implemented in plpgsql, for instance:

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION concat (text, text) RETURNS text
    AS 'select case when $1 = '''' then $2 else ($1 || '', '' || $2) end'
    LANGUAGE sql;

CREATE AGGREGATE concat (
    BASETYPE = text,
    SFUNC = public.concat,