Just FYI, recent versions of PG use cursors internally for PL/pgSQL FOR loops. So there is no danger for a procedure to run out of memory when looping over a huge result set ... at least not because of that.

Jan

Dennis wrote:

Tom Lane writes:

Something like

        LOOP
                FETCH ...;
                EXIT WHEN NOT found;
        END LOOP;

Thank you! I tried finding documentation on "found" in this context and didn't come up with anything. Can you point me to where it is documented?

Also, I am not getting the results I think I should be getting. Is there any kind of debug setting, or if not that, a way to output text (i.e. printf) from plpgsql?

Thanks,

Dennis
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster