I read a lot of document and did some search and looked at the source code of postgres but did not find a simple
solution to my question.

How to set up the programming environment for C.

IN chapter 33 Extending SQL
33.7.5 Writing Code
when run pg_config --includedir-server
I got /usr/local/pgsql/include/server but my machine does have this directory

I looked at configure --help, no mentioning about how to install server side include and lib files.

I do see postgres.h src/include/executor/spi.h /src/include/commands/trigger.h

located in the source distribution.

Is there a simple configure flag or some program (shell script) in the source distribution
to set up the programming environment?

Kemin

Proprietary or confidential information belonging to Ferring Holding SA or to one of
its affiliated companies may be contained in the message. If you are not the addressee
indicated in this message (or responsible for the delivery of the message to such
person), please do not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, please
destroy this message and notify the sender by reply e-mail. Please advise the sender
immediately if you or your employer do not consent to e-mail for messages of this
kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message represent the
opinion of the sender and do not necessarily represent or reflect the views and
opinions of Ferring.