Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Tue, Oct 26, 2004 at 16:23:20 -0400,
  Wei Weng <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In the following query

SELECT Parent FROM Channels ORDER BY Parent ASC;

If I have a couple of (NULL)s in the field [Parent], they will be listed at the bottom of the query result.

Is it because PostgreSQL considers (NULL) as the biggest value? If I run the same query under MSSQL Server 2000, I get the exact opposite result regarding the order of (NULL)s and (non-NULL) values. They are listed at the very beginning of the query result.

If the order matters, you can order by IS NULL or IS NOT NULL.

      joining column's datatypes do not match

How do I write that?

Thanks

Wei