a command such as

delete from a using b where a. and b.two='foo';

works fine in 8.1 but fails totally in 8.0 however

delete from a where a. and b.two='foo';

works fine in 8.0 and bellow but fails in 8.1 unless you have the add_missing_from option set to true in 8.1
Even then it produces a nasty warning.

This can break tones of clients admittedly the work around is quick but not particularly neat. What do the other sql database do and is this just another inconstancy in SQL?

I realise this was done to fix a bug but its a nasty sitting there that many client developers are going to miss it before it goes back to the end user. I also don't think  this has been made particularly clear in changes.

Peter Childs