Hi,

I am fairly new to PostgreSQL but not to SQL.  Is this a bug or a
limitation...

The first query works fine, but when a second sub-query is added I get a
syntax error...

psql protocal2 -U p2user << EOF1
    select *
       from serv_res SR
       where serv_key = 10
         and not exists
            (select 1
              from reservation R
            )
--         and not exits
--            (select 1
--               from interval R1
--            )
order by 1
;
    select *
       from serv_res SR
       where serv_key = 10
         and not exists
            (select 1
               from reservation R
            )
         and not exits
            (select 1
               from interval R1
            )
order by 1
;

EOF1

The output is as follows:

Password for user p2user:
 serv_key | res_key | start_off_min | duration_min
(0 rows)

ERROR:  syntax error at or near "select" at character 192
LINE 9:             (select 1
                     ^

Note:  This is not the actual query I want to run but just kept removing
complexity until the problem (multiple sub-selects) seemed obvious.