On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, Milen A. Radev wrote:

Richard Ray ÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿ:
How should this be properly quoted

create or replace function test(integer) returns setof text as $$
declare
  a record;
begin
  select into a now() - interval '$1 day';
  return next a;
  return;
end
$$ language 'plpgsql';

I'm not having a lot of luck

      \h for help with SQL commands
      \? for help with psql commands
      \q to quit

milen=> create or replace function test(integer) returns setof text as $$
milen$> declare
milen$>   a record;
milen$> begin
milen$>   select into a now() - interval '$1 day';
milen$>   return next a;
milen$>   return;
milen$> end
milen$> $$ language 'plpgsql';
CREATE FUNCTION
milen=>

No problems here. What version are you using?

I'm using 8.1.0 but I don't think that's the problem
I have no problem creating the function but it will only substract 1 day

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate