D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 20:38:33 +0000
T E Schmitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I am trying to batch-load a tab-separated CSV file:

psql -h lolek -U tes -d stockmarket -c "copy history from '/tmp/FTSE.csv' CSV";

ERROR: could not open file "/tmp/FTSE.csv" for reading: No such file or directory

The file exists. Do I need to escape the quotes?

From the "-h" option I assume that the server is not on the local
machine and hence the file is not available to the server.  You need to
do something like this:

  psql -h lolek  -U tes -d stockmarket -c "copy history from STDIN CSV" <
/tmp/FTSE.csv

This is pretty ingenious!
Just a few minor problems:
- how does COPY know which column is which?
- how do I specify DELIMITER as TAB?

--

Regards/Gruß,

Tarlika Elisabeth Schmitz