On Apr 9, 2007, at 9:14 AM, Andrew Sullivan wrote:

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 09:11:57AM -0500, Erik Jones wrote:

I don't really even see the need for inheritance here.  This is what
most ORMs do at the application level already.

Wel, sure, but the poster seemed to think that having a way to
represent this in the database was a good thing.  (I'm not actually
convinced even of that.  The whole point of SQL was to move away from
the hierarchical model, and so grafting a lot of hierarchy back onto
it suggests to me that the OP has picked the wrong technology for the
problem at the outset.)

You're parenthesized comments were what I was getting at. :)

erik jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
software developer
615-296-0838
emma(r)