Kenneth Gonsalves wrote:

On 15-May-07, at 2:39 PM, Richard Huxton wrote:

Don't know of one - not sure what "workday" would mean in a global sense. I mean, Mon-Fri in most European office settings, but you'd include Sat in retail settings and in Islamic countries presumably exclude Fridays. Our local library shuts early on Mondays iirc but is open Saturday mornings.

and i hear in england people work half day on wednesday

Some shops and banks used to when I was a child. Nowadays many supermarkets are open 24 hours (except Sundays - due to legislation)

Of course, I've been in companies where some people working for half the day would be a huge improvement :-)

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster