On Jun 26, 2007, at 2:19 , Achilleas Mantzios wrote:

Στις Τρίτη 26 Ιούνιος 2007 09:40, ο/η John Summerfield έγραψε:

Subjects such as yours don't cut the mustard. Try to summarise your
problem; if I'm interested in the problem then I will read it and
(maybe) help.

When I find it's cross-posted, I'm likely to change my mind.

Why do you think that criticizing was better than staying silent?
Anyway, Joshua already took some very enlightening answers enuf to get him
going.

While self-admittedly grumpy, I believe John was trying to encourage better posting behavior from Joshua which will benefit him by receiving more answers. If John had remained silent (as I'm sure others who share his sentiment have), being (apparently) new, Joshua probably wouldn't know he's potentially limiting the number of answers he'd receive. Perhaps John could have phrased his email differently, but I think he was trying to help Joshua.

Michael Glaesemann
grzm seespotcode net

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend