At 03:20 AM 3/5/2008, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2008 01:51:19 +0300
From: "Yura Gal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: using copy from in function

I'm trying to automate import data using CORY FROM. For this purpose I
wrote plpgsql function. As my postgres works on windows vista I need
to use E'' syntax for path-to-file. This syntax works fine in SQL
queries like:
COPY table FROM E'path_to_file_with_double_backslashes';
[snip]
  _file := $$c:\folder1\folder2\$$ || _chrom || '.txt';

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is related, but I have had terrible trouble using "\" marks for paths in WinXP.. I have found surprisingly that "/" work and don't cause any parsing problems. Also, I believe that if you use syntax like:

'/folder1/folder2/' || _chrom || '.txt'

(i.e. leaving off the "c:" part too), you may find that everything just works a little cleaner / fewer unexpected surprises.

Like I said, I don't know if this is your issue (and Vista), but it's been my experience with WinXP and file paths in Postgresql.

Best,

Steve