Milan Oparnica wrote:

It's simply to complicated to return recordsets through server-side stored procedures. They are obviously designed to do complex data manipulation, returning few output variables informing the caller about final results. Returning records through sets of user-defined-types is memory and performance waste (please see my previous post as reply to Steve for more details). Plus it's hard to maintain and make improvements to such a system. I hate to see 800 user types made for every query we made as stored procedure.

Is this topic completely out of scope in Postgre ?
If I'm missing something too obvious or too important, please let me know what.

I run over and over through internet and Postgre documentation and still found nothing.

Is there a better place to communicate with Postgre developers ?

Sincerely,

Milan Oparnica