I know, I know, PostgreSQL has Booleans that work very nicely.
Unfortunately, I have to create a schema that will work on Oracle as
well as PostgreSQL, by which I mean that a single set of Java/JDBC code
has to work with both databases. I have an XML meta-schema that enables
me to generate appropriate DDL; that handles all the INTEGER vs.
NUMBER(m,n) stuff. But Oracle simply has no Booleans, so I will have to
resort to some more or less ugly alternative. I am hoping that others
here have had to deal with this and can suggest an approach that will be
minimally loathsome.

<VENT>God I hate Oracle...</VENT>

--
Peter Headland