here is example

table name is "mail":
column    |   type
-------------------------
sender    |char
subject   |char
content   |bytea

I want copy some record into new table 'mail_new'.

sql:
create table mail_new as select * from mail sender='dennis'

result has an error:
operator does not exist: text || bytea

But if my sql statement has no column "content"
the sql works.
sql:
create table mail_new as select sender,subject from mail sender='dennis'

Ben Morrow 提到:
Quoth dennis <den...@teltel.com>:
    I need to copy some data to new table.
But I encounter some error message.
the table structure
Table A:
  c1  char
  c2  bytea

Table B:
  c1  char
  c2  bytea

My sql command:
insert into B as select * from a where c1=xxx

'AS' isn't valid there. What is xxx? Is it a field you haven't shown us,
or is it a quoted string?

error:
operator does not exist: text || bytea

That command (with 'xxx' quoted and the AS removed) doesn't give that
error with those table definitions, so you will need to show us your
actual query.

Ben