Surfing wrote on 29.05.2011 09:38:
Hi all,
I need to write a function that totally empty a schema.

So I have written a TRUNCATE statement for each table and set to 0 each
sequence.
Btw, it could be good to execute a vacuum statement on each table, but from
within the function this is not allowed.

Is there a way to obtain the same result in another way (without using the
vacuum)?

If you are only using a single schema in your database, you could create an
empty database with all your tables that you then use as the template database
when creating a new one:

Then each time you want to reset your schema (=database) you do a

drop database real_database;
create database real_database template template_database;

Then you don't need to adjust your "reset" script if your database changes (you
only maintain the template database using your SQL scripts)

Thomas