On 15/06/12 16:32, Achilleas Mantzios wrote:
On Παρ 15 Ιουν 2012 18:03:26 Scott Marlowe wrote:
Not talking about going to something after 8.3.19, just updating to
the latest 8.3 version.  On most systems it's a simple:

sudo apt-get upgrade

or similar and sit back and watch.

Thanx, unfortunately we dont have TCP/IP connectivity to (most of) the ships,
and AFAIK apt-get does not yet work
over advanced UUCP/minicom/kermit or other equivalent hich-tech dial up
connection.
just joking :)

Can you run rsync over a serial connection? Never tried, but if you had something that took the same options as ssh I daresay you could get it working.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd