I have a related problem and tried the PERFORM...EXECUTE pattern suggested
but no matter where I put PERFORM I get 'function not found' errors.

I want to loop through id values returned by a query and execute another
with each i as a parameter. Each subquery will return 6-8 rows. This is a
simplified example, in the real app the subquery is doing some aggregation
work.

Tried many many things including this pattern below and read everything I
could find, but no go. Any help appreciated.

++++++++++++++++
create or replace function getRowsA() returns setof record as $$
declare
 r record;
 loopy record;
 i integer;
 sql text;
begin
 for r in select * from cities loop
  i := r.id;
  sql := 'select city,topic,weight from v_doctopic where city = ' || i;
  EXECUTE sql;
  return next loopy;
 end loop;
 return;
end;
$$ language 'plpgsql';

select * from getRowsA() AS foo(city int, topic int, weight numeric)

-----
karlg