Hi all,

With many thanks to Misa and others who helped out with my question about
working with hierarchical data, I have now written a blog post on how I
implemented the ltree module to solve my problem.

http://dcparris.net/2013/02/24/using-ltree-hierarchical-postgresql/

Frankly, if you work with hierarchical data, I'm not sure I could recommend
it strongly enough.  I should think that even experienced, advanced SQL
gurus would appreciate the simplicity ltree offers, when compared to the
ugly table designs and recursive queries in order to work with hierarchical
structures.

I really hope this blog post will help others in the same boat.

Regards,
Don
--
D.C. Parris, FMP, Linux+, ESL Certificate
Minister, Security/FM Coordinator, Free Software Advocate