Gary Stainburn wrote on 20.09.2013 18:07:
I want to add a new page after page 2 so I try to increase the sequence number
of each row from page 3 onwards to make space in the sequence for the new
record. However, I get duplicate key errors when I try. Can anyone suggest
how I get round this.

Also, the final version will be put onto a WordPress web site which means I
will have to port it to MYSQL which I don't know, so any solution that will
work with both systems would be a great help.

You need to define the primary key as deferrable:

create table skills_pages
(
 sp_id        serial not null,
 sp_sequence  integer not null,