> What I was hoping for was by running the assembler and telling it to put the > output in exit.s I would then have the exit.s file containing the exit > program, rather than it just being an empty file as I suspect it is at the > moment.
??? You're putting the output in a .s file? .s files are for assembly _source_, not object code. > You may be onto something with the desktop. Thing is I can't see any "save > as" option or similar. All that happens on the desptop is after I enter > as exit.s -o exit.o > (file exit.s does not exist) exit.s ABSOLUTELY MUST EXIT before running the above command. > can you clarify naming procedure at all? exit.s should contain the code as listed in the book. After you have exit.s, you do as exit.s -o exit.o exit.o now has the object code. Now you do ld exit.o -o exit exit is now the full executable and can be run like this: ./exit Do an ls -l of the directory you are working in and send it to the list. Jon _______________________________________________ Pgubook-readers mailing list [email protected] http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/pgubook-readers
