Sorry for writing again, I know I'm pestering this list with my questions. - Goes to show how good and important it is to HAVE a mail list as this! :-)
Hope I'm not wearing your patience thin! Anyway, in Chapter 6 I have a non-code-bug problem: On page 104, after the source listing of the "write.records.s" program it says the following after 2-3 paragraphs: Quote: ------------------------- To build the application, run the commands: as write-records.s -o write-record.o as write-record.s -o write-record.o ld write-record.o write-records.o -o write-records -------------------------- END: Quote WHAT am I missing here? The ONLY program source listed in this chapter and book so far is "write-records.s"!! There is NO program called "write-record.s"! Or if there is, where is it??? Before "write-records.s", there are two source listings, but these seem not to be programs, just listings of functions which are repeated a few pages later as the actual program to type in. Also, the quoted text above MUST be wrong, even IF there is a program "write-record.s" (which I can't find in my book), because it creates the object file "write-record.o" twice, which would overwrite one of them, wouldn't it? What am I missing here? Sorry if this is a stupid question. Please post any answers to the list so it's archived - I'm O.K. with looking stupid. ;-) I'm probably just all *blind* from all this new kind of coding... ;-) Regards, Mark -- Ist Ihr Browser Vista-kompatibel? Jetzt die neuesten Browser-Versionen downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/browser _______________________________________________ Pgubook-readers mailing list [email protected] http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/pgubook-readers
