On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 11:30 +0200, Mark Schmid wrote: > Hi Linux Assembly fans! > > I just wanted to state my opinion that I feel > this great book *REALLY* needs an update! > There really are a LOT of typos, errors and mistakes > which should be addressed and corrected in an grand > overworked edition. > Besides the errors others have already found and > those I've mentioned, I found even more: >
Great post. I especially liked the suggestion of adding a comment containing the file name on each additional page. Gotta agree though, it's best just to post these errata/bugs on a website available for printing instead of reprinting the entire book unless there is new material. Especially since most move on to learn C or other more commonly used languages. It is an excellent book, and probably should be listed as one of the most important books for required reading for Linux users, along w/ K&R. ;-) ... K&R just doesn't make sense without this book. ;-) BTW: I found the mistakes trivial and required the learner to think when finding the source of the problem or bug. Similar to real world job scenarios! -- Roger http://www.eskimo.com/~roger/index.html Key fingerprint = 8977 A252 2623 F567 70CD 1261 640F C963 1005 1D61 Sun Sep 30 12:48:24 PDT 2007 _______________________________________________ Pgubook-readers mailing list [email protected] http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/pgubook-readers
