The command is not "mov1", it is "movl" with a lower case L. The command is
short for move long.

Best,
Nick Mudge
http://nickmudge.info/


On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 3:24 PM, M Robinson <[email protected]> wrote:

> At first I thought Cygwin was the problem, then I tried Slax Linux. Then I
> dragged out an old IBM Thinkpad  600E and installed Debian.
>
> I keep getting theses errors:
>
> maximum.s: Assembler messages:
> maximum.s:27: Error: no such instruction: `mov1 $0,%edi'
> maximum.s:28: Error: no such instruction: `mov1 data_items (,%edi,4)%eax'
> maximum.s:29: Error: no such instruction: `mov1 %eax,%ebx'
> maximum.s:36: Error: no such instruction: `mov1 data_items(,%edi,4),%eax'
> maximum.s:40: Error: no such instruction: `mov1 %eax,%ebx'
> maximum.s:46: Error: no such instruction: `mov1 $1,%eax'
>
> Is this book too old to use?
>
> I
>
> _______________________________________________
> Pgubook-readers mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/pgubook-readers
>
>
_______________________________________________
Pgubook-readers mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/pgubook-readers

Reply via email to