Dear all,

Could you please answer a question about memory addressing (the beginning of book).

there's a text (Data Accessing methods, p. 15):
"For example, if you wanted to access the fourth byte from location 2002, you would load your index register with 3 (remember, we start counting at 0) and set
the multiplier to 1 since you are going a byte at a time. This would get you
location 2005. However, if you wanted to access the fourth word from location 2002, you would load your index register with 3 and set the multiplier to 4. This
would load from location 2014 - the fourth word."

I don't understand why to access the fourth word I need index 3 and multiplier 4, I think I need index register 4 and multiplier 3. Because If I need just the next word,
I need index register 4 and multiplier 1.
Am I not right?

Thanx in advance!

Andrei
_______________________________________________
Pgubook-readers mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/pgubook-readers

Reply via email to