> On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 12:33 AM, Jonathan Bartlett > <[email protected]> wrote:
> I apologize for not having been on this list for a few years. My email > address changed a while ago, and I didn't think to update my subscription! You better apologize because we missed you a lot and I used to keep on remembering you by reading PGU again and again :) > 1) I just released a new book, this one for newer programmers, called "New > Programmers Start here". You can find the book here: > > http://www.amazon.com/New-Programmers-Start-Here-Introduction/dp/097528388X That is so nice. Wish it was there when I started learning programming 5 years ago. > My second announcement is that (hopefully) later this year I am putting out > a new edition of PGU under a different title, probably "Programming Under > the Hood". The assembly language intro will be the first part, and then > there will be additional chapters on how garbage collection works, reference > counting, how object-oriented function calls work, etc. I may update it to > include 64-bit instructions and maybe a few vector instructions, though I > haven't decided on that yet. I will likely remove a few small parts that > make it try to be a full intro to programming. Very good move, I was waiting for the 2nd edition and removal of "full intro to programming" parts, been several years now. > Also, most importantly, I will actually have an editor edit the book. There > was an editor listed in the original PGU, but he got deathly ill during the > writing of the book, so I left his name on it, but there was very little > actual editing that occurred. Jonathan, I can help you in editing the book, I got 5 years of experience in C and some occasional hacks with C++, Lisp, Scheme, Python, Ruby and many others I keep on remembering and forgetting. I have used all BSDs on my home PC to do everyday routine tasks and have been using exclusively Arch GNU/Linux for many years now. Feel free to discuss with me. Check out my blog in my signatures. I will be more than happy to help. Thanks Arnuld -- https://lispmachine.wordpress.com/2012/06/28/c-new-operator/ http://uttre.wordpress.com/ _______________________________________________ Pgubook-readers mailing list [email protected] https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/pgubook-readers
