On 11/14/21 6:41 PM, Jonathan Bartlett wrote:
I just thought I'd let you all know that I rewrote "Programming from the Ground Up" for the 64-bit world, in a new book titled "Learn to Program with Assembly: Foundational Learning for New Programmers,"  published by Apress.  In addition to the classic things in the old book like a malloc implementation, this also has an implementation of an object-oriented system, and exception handler, and even a garbage collector!  It shows how to write position-independent code, and even does a floating point introduction with SSE2.  Anyway, if you liked the old book, you should love the new one.

https://www.amazon.com/Learn-Program-Assembly-Foundational-Programmers/dp/1484274369 <https://www.amazon.com/Learn-Program-Assembly-Foundational-Programmers/dp/1484274369>

Jon

Thank you. I am looking forward to reading it and going through the examples and exercises. Your first book is well written and helped me a lot learning what goes on under the hood in computers. I ordered a copy today.

Regards,

Eric

Reply via email to