On 4/20/24 05:36, Kenan Kartal wrote:
Hello,
Last month I have mentioned I was rewriting the code in the book for
x86-64 [1]. I have finished it and you can see both the 32-bit and
64-bit versions in the repo [2]. The 64-bit versions are written with
respect to System V ABI.
It was a very enjoyable read. I have gotten some assembly practice
thanks to this. Also this led me to learn more about the tools I use.
I will leave the repo open for any comments you might have for some
time, presumably a month or two. After that I will archive it.
Sincerely,
[1]
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/pgubook-readers/2024-03/msg00000.html
[2] https://github.com/kenan-kartal/pgu-64
That is great. I had converted a few programs when my computer went to
64 bit and had thought doing that for all the programs would be a good
thing to do but never got around to it.
I only had a cursory look at your code and the only comment I could make
right now for any improvement is to add a debug option to your Makefile
to build the programs with debugging information to be able to use gdb
or another debugger to step through the code.
You did a great service. Thank you very much.
Eric