You should be able to create a form, paint it white, draw on it with a
barcode TTF font, export that form to JPEG, and then use that JPEG into
Artefact.

Not really straight-forward, but it should work.

*Note: I've found that writing JPEG's in Pharo, it assumes that the
background is BLACK if it isn't isn't specifically painted with something
else first.  Unlike PNG and GIF, which assume WHITE.

-Chris