On 25 June 2013 10:51, Esteban Lorenzano <esteba...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jun 25, 2013, at 10:47 AM, Igor Stasenko <siguc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> well, that's basically my argument agains #is:
>>> IMO is also an important performance issue in many cases, because is
>>> replacing a simple send with a string comparison and that can provoke
>>> slowdowns in some places (no idea where,  this is just theoretical :)...
>>> Of course, as "pharo designers" we should be careful on not overpopulate
>>> Object with isBlah methods... but sometimes they are needed :)
>>>
>> yes, but please, do that, after you remove rest of isXXX methods in Object :)
>
> which rest?

Object selectors select: [ :each | each beginsWith: 'is' ]

 #(#isThisEverCalled #isMorphicEvent #isCollection #isSpecLayout
#isCodeCompletionAllowed #isComplex #isTransferable #isLiteral
#isKindOf: #isInterval #isMorphicModel #isStream #isMorph #isPoint
#isTrait #isCompiledMethod #isCharacter #isMessageSend #isText
#isBlock #isRectangle #isContext #isBehavior #isArray
#isVariableBinding #isColorForm #isSymbol #isDictionary #isHeap
#isNumber #isSystemWindow #isThisEverCalled: #isString #isNotNil
#isRingObject #isMethodProperties #isInteger #isFraction #isColor #is:
#isClosure #isFloat #isMemberOf: #isForm #isSelfEvaluating)

you welcome :)

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.