What I didi for Nautilus was to use pragmas,
this way I have my domain object (Nautilus), and menus are defined in another
class (NautilusRefactoring by example).
And NautilusRefactoring knows how to communicate with Nautilus.

This way, the domain abject can stay clean, and I have a special class for menu
:)

Ben