Hi,

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 10:40 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <
stephane.duca...@inria.fr> wrote:

> On Aug 20, 2013, at 10:29 PM, Tudor Girba <tu...@tudorgirba.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am preparing a set of talks that have reflection at the center.
>
> Obviously, I want to use Pharo to demonstrate reflection. I am now looking
> for examples that can be explained to programmer newbies (actually,
> managers). I am particularly looking for examples that include adaptation
> (not just inspection) and that can show that reflection is valuable.
>
> I already have some examples in mind, but they might not appear
> particularly valuable. For example:
> - inspecting a class: Object methods.
> - adapting a class: Object compile: 'answer ^ 42'.
>

> Scaffolding patterns (read them)
> Increase productivity when brainstorming.

What patterns are you referring to specifically? Any link?

> Use DNU to compile on the fly some methods or to copy methods when you are
> designing a new piece of functionality

Yes, that is a nice path, and I am looking for specific scenarios that can
be used for a short demo. Any ideas?

> Proxy how to implement them nicely

Proxies are indeed interesting and not difficult to explain, but the
examples I think of (such as a facade, or a logger) do not really show
adaptation. Does anyone have other examples?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com