Stef

Begin forwarded message:

From: Loïc Lagadec <loic.laga...@ensta-bretagne.fr>
Subject: [Esug-list] Smalltalk PhD offer
Date: September 23, 2013 1:42:28 PM GMT+02:00

We have an open PhD position  for which we are looking for candidates with strong smalltalk skills. This PhD  opens in the scope of the ERATO european project,

This project aims at developping a new space-oriented system-on-chip, with
reconfigurable capabilities.
The project  gathers many industrial partners (ASTRIUM, THALES, ...) and three academic partners.
Our institute is in charge of developping the programming environment. We benefit from a large legacy, written in visualworks.

The thesis will focus on industrial research perspectives (agile tools development, configuration compaction, target modeling, code generation, ...).

One important contribution will be to expose a manipulation API to application Designers while protecting the hardware intellectual property. Also some compression schemes, used for video coding, will be stressed against practical experimentation when downsizing the bitstream (binary representation of the application).

The PhD will be located in Brest (http://www.brest-metropole-tourisme.fr/en), in the ENSTA engineering institute (http://www.ensta-bretagne.eu).
Duration: 36 months
Starts: January 2014
Contact info: Loic Lagadec (+33 298 348 908)